HERE'S THE DISH
1 t. dry yeast
1 t. sugar or honey
3 1/2 c. water (room temperature)
7 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. olive oil
1 T salt
1 T fresh chopped rosemary
- Combine the yeast and water. Stir to dissolve. Gently mix in the flour. The dough can be left a bit lumpy. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature, covered, for 2 hours.
- Add the olive oil, salt & herbs. Mix with a dough hook attachment or with a spoon slowly to combine the oil. Once combined mix on medium-high speed (or knead by hand) for 5 minutes. Dough will be a bit sticky.
- Cover the dough with a towel and proof for two hours at room temperature.
- After the two hour rise, drizzle a sheet tray with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the dough on the tray and flatten out with your hands as much as possible. Then fold the left third of the dough towards the middle. Lastly fold the right third of the dough over the previous fold. The dough will look like an envelope. The folds don’t have to be perfect. They are there to help create air pockets in the focaccia. Drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, uncover and dimple the dough with your finger tips.
- Proof at room temperature for 2-3 hours, until airy and warmed to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- If needed, drizzle with a little more olive oil and then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 1 hour.
LIFE, LOVE and LOOT
1oz Spiced Rum
0.75oz Honey Syrup
0.75oz Lemon Juice
Shake all ingredients and double strain into cocktail glass
Floating lemon twist topped with Star Anise
*To Make Honey Syrup: Use a 1:1 ratio of honey to hot water. Stir until all honey is dissolved into water. Refrigerate until cold.